Claim this page for your business.Learn More
Here at Eagle East Aviation we will provide you with the Quality Flight and Ground Instruction for you to earn your Private, Commercial, and Instrument ratings. We offer:
- 5 single engine aircraft to meet all of your flying needs.
- A formal ground school offered various times throughout the year.
- A pilot shop to provide you with all the supplies needed for your training.
- Financial discount package.
- And most of all, a friendly, knowledgeable, and professional staff of certified flight instructors.
A commonly asked question is: “What does it take to receive a Private Pilot’s Certificate?” Here’s a general breakdown of the requirements.
- A minimum of 40 hours of flight training with a flight instructor.
- A minimum of 10 hours of solo flight training.
- Pass an FAA written exam.
- Pass a flight test with an FAA Designated Examiner.
- And a few more requirements that your Instructor will discuss.
It has been our experience that most students will obtain a certificate in around 60 hours, depending on your individual ability, commitment to study, and the scheduling frequency of your lessons. It will generally takes 6-12 months to complete your flight training.
Eagle East Aviation, an owner operated flight school has been teaching people like yourself to fly for over twenty years. Our large fleet of aircraft consist of an ideal mix of training and traveling aircraft that are maintained by our own federally certified avaition mechanics to ensure the safest and most reliable aircraft. Our professional and experienced instructors can teach you to fly safely, proficiently and enjoyably. Located at Lawrence Municipal Airport in North Andover, we are only 30 minutes north of Boston and 15 minutes south of New Hampshire. This location also has its advantages while training. Because of the airport’s unique airspace and moderate traffic, you will spend more time on your lesson and less time waiting on the ground for takeoff clearance.
As a private pilot you can fly anywhere you would like to go. You can take the family to the Cape or Nantucket for the weekend. You don’t need to buy an airplane. You can rent from Eagle East, just as you would rent a car. It’s not as expensive as you may think!
We are also offering ground schools that give you the training to pass the written exam and be prepared for the oral portion of the exam. These classes run for about fifteen weeks with classes one night a week or 8 weeks at two nights per week for about three hours per class.